July 9th 2011 11:00am- 5:00pm
Tubman- Garrett Park (the riverfront)
Get your “arrrrr” on with this free event for scurvy folk (some activities carry fees).
- scavenger hunt
- tours aboard the Kalmar Nyckel ($5 adults, $3 child)
- face painting
- boat building ($5)
- photos with pirates
- build your own treasure chest ($4)
- balloon swords
- ornamental knot instruction
- pirate parade
- costume contests
- food vendors
- swashbucklin’ music
- free exhibits/ activities courtesy of the Delaware Children’s Museum, the Delaware Art Museum, the DuPont Environmental Education Center, and the Tri-State Bird Rescue
- Rocky Bluewinkle and assorted pirates will be roving about for photo ops, and
- there will be black powder demonstrations on the hour.
The Pirate theme continues with Pirate Night at the Blue Rocks. Game starts at 6:05, gates open at 5pm. Tickets can be purchased on their website or at the stadium.
Costume Contest Prizes:
- Best adult costume wins 4 tix to the Blue Rocks Pirate Night and throws out the ceremonial first pitch
- Best child costume also wins 4 tickets to Blue Rocks Pirate Night and calls out “Play Ball” to start the game
For directions and more info, check out the Wilmington Pirate Day event page.